Sunday, August 25, 2013

Is the Grouch going crunchy granola green?

While we were in Big Bear a couple weeks ago we stopped at the grocery store to load up on snacks.  Instead of buying my usual potato chips I reached for a box of Kashi 'original 7 grain sea salt pita crisps'.   They are good and less grease and stuff for this old body so I guess no more potato chips for me (although I have been eating mostly Lays baked chips these days and even more so the Special K rice chips which aren't too bad).

Today when I was cutting the grass with my old Sears gas lawn mower, the clippings bag ripped even more and started spewing cut grass into my face.  So when I was done I went to the local Orchard Supply which is going out of business and bought the last Craftsman battery powered lawn mower they had in stock.  Yikes!  I may have to give up my membership to the reactionary club if this keeps up!  Fortunately I still have my giant 4 door Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited to show that I haven't gone completely to the dark side.

2 comments:

  1. Kashi?!? Wow! Next thing we know, you'll be eating some hummus along with those pita crisps. Hummus is really good, by the way, and the only way I will willingly eat peas (well chickpeas, but still).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, but I laughed at the image of the grass hitting you in the face. Probably wasn't funny at the time! I'll have to test out the battery powered lawn mower next time I'm there.

    ReplyDelete