Sunday, March 3, 2013

Happy 35th Anniversary Mrs. Grouch!


 
Happy anniversary Mrs. Grouch!  35 years ago tomorrow we started our adventure together.  I haven't been the easiest person to live with over the years but I have always been your biggest fan.   We've lived in seven different homes in five states and two countries, raised four children and countless pets, had adventures and excitement, triumphs and sadness but we've always come out on top.  Without your support and love I would not be the man that I am today.
 

 
 


I will never forget when you arrived at Rhine Main airport to join me in Germany.  You wore a bright flowery dress and a white hat and looked as fresh as if you had just stepped onto the airplane for a minute even though the journey was hours with a stop at Gander to tape the tail back together!
 
You have indulged me in my hobbies and opinions, gone hiking and shooting, off roading and even camping once!  
 Do you remember the flood in the Jeep on that back road in Michigan when the water came up over the hood, up the windshield and on our heads to drench us?  I didn't mean  for it to happen but I have to admit it was pretty funny!  Well, maybe not right then but later...
You are self reliant and smart, funny and clever, and you stand up for yourself and I love you for it.
 
 
 
 
You are as beautiful today as you were 35 years ago.  I am the luckiest man on earth.
 
 
            Happy anniversary my love! 
 


1 comment:

  1. And now I'm tearing up at work! What a lovely tribute to such a wonderful couple and marriage! Congratulations to both of you.

    ReplyDelete