Friday, March 29, 2013

Going bananas



I was walking to work the other day early in the morning through an L.A. neighborhood when I spied something that made me stop and take another look.  I've seen many strange sights in Los Angeles, but this has to be the first time I have seen bananas growing in some one's front yard!   Because the sun was just coming up and I was using my cell phone as a camera the pictures aren't very sharp but here is the evidence:  bananas in L.A.!

 
 
 
I wonder if there are tarantula spiders in there?  I had heard as a kid that they would hitch a ride on bananas shipped from central America and bite unsuspecting moms shopping at the grocery store. 
 

2 comments:

  1. I actually just bought bananas yesterday and am glad I didn't know about the possibility of spiders then. I certainly would have fit the bill of an "unsuspecting mom"!

    ReplyDelete