Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tuesday Update

So, are you tired of hearing about the knee yet? Good, glad to hear you aren't! Here's the latest: Yesterday I returned to work, drove there using Mary's car (she's driving the Jeep, she is so lucky!) did my thing all day long. Going up and down the steep stairs at work 3-4 times started to stiffen up the knee. After dinner Mary, Craig and I went to see the Air Force Band of the Golden West http://www.bandofthegoldenwest.af.mil/ at College of the Canyons. What a great show! I drove over and since school was in session we had to park further away than I would have liked. The walk to the theater was hard and coming back out was even harder. I finally had to admit that I couldn't make it back to the car and had to wait while Mary went to get the car for me. Today isn't too bad, or at least it wasn't until I saw what the doctor has billed for the operation: $27,000!!! And that is just for him, that doesn't include everyone else who gets a piece of the action.

I put a picture of the Finch feeder sock on the previous post. The finches are such greedy little buggers that they not only completely emptied the sock that I filled before going to work this morning, they tossed the empty sock onto the ground to show their contempt for permitting the feeder to run dry! Next they will be sending a delegation to see me with demands about the quality of the seed and frequency of feeder filling.

I tried to demonstrate my new bipartisan attitude and watch the President's speech tonight but after two standing ovations before he even began to speak I had to give up. I'll get the highlights from the talking heads later. The adoration from the masses for this guy is becoming unnerving for me.

Ipod update: The Ipod is still under warranty! I thought I had it longer than a year but Kurt set me straight on that. According to Apple's own website it is under warranty until April. So hopefully whatever is wrong with it is a warranty item. Off to the store to see what can be done.

2 comments:

  1. I am so impressed by how quickly you are recovering. It's very mature to acknowledge your limitations and let people get the car for you...after all, this may be one of the few times that happens for you!

    I am laughing at the thought of the birds throwing down the sock in contempt and sending a delegation. At the old house we were filling up the feeder on a daily basis and still it would end up empty. They were bleeding us dry! Now we have our ferocious guard dog protecting the feeder so it stays filled to the brim, much to Laura's dismay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My bird feeder gets about two inches of bird seed each morning and that's it, because by about two or three in the afternoon the deer come along and eat anything that is left. I will also only be able to feed them for a couple more weeks because the bears will be waking up and we do not want a repeat of two years ago with the bear eat from the bird feeder.

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete