Friday, February 20, 2009

After the Surgery

Day one of the recovery period after the surgery. I had some pain yesterday but even more of an issue was trying to walk with crutches. It isn't as easy as it looks! Mary was so sweet to me yesterday, baking cookies for me and making sure everything was just so. The vicodin not only took away the knee pain, it handled my shoulders too! This morning I couldn't stay awake. I kept dreaming I was up but then I would wake up and still be in bed. It got frustrating after awhile so I heaved myself out of bed. Then the nausea set in. Finally I resorted to a diet Pepsi which calmed my stomach and woke me up. Then my stomach got queasy again from watching CNBC and their documenting of our slow motion economic collapse. Reading about history and living during historical events are two different things, but more on that subject at another time.

The hospital called to see how I was doing and how my experience was yesterday. Since I remembered very little of it I told the nice person that the experience was as close to fun as I could have expected.

More later...

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad it went well and the pain meds seem to be doing thier job. I will be sure to keep Pie away from your knee when we come to visit because she would probably take the opportunity to bump it. I suppose this means we won't be hiking on Sunday. Maybe I should have entered a dog show since my hiking companion is on the fritz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been happy to see you recovering so well from the surgery. I was afraid you would be laid out for longer then a day but you seemed to be getting around the house ok today, if not a little slow.

    My advice to you, since I have had surgery before, is not to rush back into things. I know its no fun laying around by obviously your knee is still trying heal. I think I messed myself up a little when I had my second hernia surgery by trying to rush into every day task I should have not been doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Kurt, what ever you do, do not over do it. It will just set you back.

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete