Friday, February 13, 2009

Alas poor Ipod...

My poor Ipod. Such a loyal friend and companion. Felled by a swift moving affliction that has rendered it confused, mute, and catatonic. I was happily downloading music from various CDs into Itunes and then moving the music to the faithful Ipod the other night. I had just finished the last of about 10 songs when without my knowing it, the Ipod's mind slipped away leaving it unable to respond. I think it had a stroke. It no longer communicates with Itunes, nor will it play back the music that it holds in trust for me. I've tried the various remedies touted on the help section with no results. It sits there stupefied, unable to respond.
Out of idle curiosity I looked at replacement Ipods today but I felt disloyal and kind of, well, shabby looking for another when my good companion lies in an electronic coma. Maybe it will shake off whatever has caused it to be in this condition and if it does what if I am caught listening to a replacement Ipod? It might be crushed.

On a different subject, take a look at this clip of a boy and the Canadian Army. I believe this is from the Netherlands during the annual Nijmegen march (but then again maybe not): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDMzHlkB-Yg even though it is labeled Belgian Boy salutes the Canadian troops. He's too cute. Some info on the Nijmegen march: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Four_Days_Marches_Nijmegen

Something much less cute is this clip regarding the budget busting stimulus bill: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvnwOjDjnH4 Our children and grandchildren will be paying the tab for this. It is a crime.

1 comment:

  1. Aack! That happens to my iPod occasionally and it is so frustrating! Usually if I let the battery run all the way out and then recharge it, it comes back to life. iPod first aid, if you will.

    ReplyDelete