Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sunday

I'm guessing the knee is continuing to heal. I go to see the doctor Monday afternoon to get the bandage removed and find out what the next step (no pun intended) is for the recovery. I imagine it will be some P.T. Let me just say that for what is relatively minor surgery my body is certainly not springing back to full strength. I am sleepy just about all the time and any physical effort makes me feel overheated and weak. I saw Sarah Conner on the TV show Sarah Conner Chronicles get a 9mm round through her leg two weeks ago. Sure she was hurting, especially when the doc had to dig the bullet out of her leg in an improvised operating room. But when the following week's episode rolled around it was like nothing had happened to her. I guess I'm just not tough enough.
If you look carefully at the white thing framed by the two tree limbs you will see a finch feeder with some finches clinging to it. Of course the picture does not do credit to the bird frenzy that plays out daily at the two bird feeders that we have on our Mimosa tree in the back yard. The finches in particular are all over the feeder like day trippers at a cheap Atlantic City buffet. Sometimes there are up to eight of the little buggers clinging to the sock. The other feeder gets the rest of the bird nation which yesterday included a scrub jay and some doves.


Since we are talking about birds, here is the cockatiel Buster with his pet boy Craig. They get along well together and Buster is training Craig to take him out of his cage and sit still while Buster walks on Craig and pulls his hair.





1 comment:

  1. I don't think you should be so hard on yourself about not feeling good again right away. Surgery is surgery and all the medicine and exertion will make anyone sleepy and weak. Sarah Conner is just too awesome for us normal folks to compare ourselves to.

    I love the picture of the finches-Laura will be so jealous as we rarely get "customers" at our feeder. When we do though, we are very lucky because we tend to get robins and cardinals. I have to ask what the stuff around the top of the fence is...squirrel repellent?

    Craig and Buster look good, and it's always nice to hear when a pet gets his owner trained just how they like it.

    ReplyDelete