Wednesday, February 4, 2009

It's All Downhill From Here

Happy Wednesday!


Grouch of the day: Drivers who give me the little wave after they come within inches of inflicting a life altering event on my person from their misguided automobiles. Today it was the guy in the blue little import who found himself in the wrong lane bearing down on defenseless me on my bike. He swerved to the side and gave me the jaunty little wave, as if to say "hey, nothing personal".


Strangest sight of the day: A young man with a 70's Afro of wild hippie hair riding his bike towards me on a collision course that turned out to have his eyes closed. When I shouted to him to watch out (as we were about to collide) he opened his eyes and we skimmed by each other.


Thinking about it that was two narrow misses in one day. Good thing I made it home!


My bike riding continues to pay dividends. Yesterday on the way home I spied an Army two quart canteen (without the carrier) laying on the bike path. A quick U-turn and the booty was mine. I did wash it out thoroughly. Claire's fortuitous call tonight from Ft. Bragg enabled me to request a carrier for it from Clothing Sales so soon hopefully I will have a nifty canteen for hiking or biking.


We got a book from the library called "The 1001 Historic Places to See Before You Die" Craig is up to 7 so far. Mary and I have a few more than that since we can count locations in the U.S., Mexico, Great Britain, Western Europe, Southern Africa and (for me) Japan. Hopefully we'll some more before we croak. I mean pass on.


Rain tomorrow through Saturday. What happened to the blue skies and temps in the 70s? I pay my weather tax and I want my nice weather!


It is nice to know someone who knows someone who met some famous people. In this case the person at the begining of the chain is Barry Goldwater Jr. Can you I.D. the famous people in these pictures? Can you pick out the secret service agents in the second picture?











2 comments:

  1. So who took the pictures of the famous people? And was the second picture took by the person who is receiving (or giving) the handshake? That is kind of odd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got a book for Christmas called 1,000 Places to See Before you Die. I went through it today and counted only 39 places that I've seen, but I only counted places that I was 100% sure I've seen.

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete