Saturday, December 28, 2013

How low is low?

Somehow the Grouch family got on the subject of insanely low flybys from aircraft the other night.  Young daughter talked about the fighters at her airbase and how noisy they are when on afterburners.  I recounted the tale of when I visited Norfolk Navy base at the height of the Vietnam war.  My Boy Scout troop stayed on the base and toured an aircraft carrier and a WW2 era diesel sub.  While standing on the deck of the sub two F4s came overhead at low altitude and cut in their afterburners.  The noise was so overwhelming that I thought I was going to fall off of the sub's deck!

In honor of our Christmas eve pizza dinner and fun conversation, here is a video for the Grouch family's (and anyone else who wants to watch) viewing pleasure along with some pictures that I got from somewhere in the past:




 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment