Sunday, January 13, 2013

Charley Brown's Christmas tree

Being the cheapskate that I am, I drag Christmas trees home that the neighbors put out for the city to pick up  and cut them up for firewood.  it is work but it gives me exercise, saves me some money and sometimes I find forgotten tree ornaments which I return to the family where I got the tree from.  A usual haul is about 8 trees which gives us enough wood for a couple months of weekend fires.   The cut wood seasons for a year and then goes into the fireplace to warm us up.  Even the Missus is in the spirit of  the game and drags home trees that she finds on her evening walks.  The other day when she was out walking she came across Charley Brown's Christmas tree and felt that anything this small and forlorn needed to feel complete by becoming firewood so she brought it home.





1 comment:

  1. Maybe they stripped off the branches to use as an art project or something??

    ReplyDelete