Monday, June 29, 2009

Smile, you're on candid camera!

The other day I was driving home from work in the Jeep, moving along at about 10 mph because of the heavy traffic on the freeway. I realized that there was a big gap in the traffic next to me. I looked in the rear view mirror and a guy in a Porsche convertible was checking out the Jeep. He was at my 7 o'clock position and he was taking a picture of me with his cell phone! Then he pulled alongside, took another picture, then moved up to the 11 o'clock spot, one more pic over the shoulder and then he zoomed off. I didn't know if I should feel flattered or...I guess I'll stick with the flattered. When I told Mary about this she related about the guy who pulled alongside her in his car while she was walking the dogs and took a picture of Roscoe with his cell phone camera. At least this guy made small talk while he did it. It seems that many people have cell phone camera stories. One of the ladies at work told me that men at parties surreptitiously take cell phone pictures of her and her friends which makes them feel pretty uneasy. The next thing we know the Jeep or Roscoe is going to show up in an ad campaign in Hungary like a family's Christmas Card photo did recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment