Thursday, June 4, 2009

Mystery Emails

I get emails from people I don't know. I don't mean spam type emails, I mean chatty emails, emails with forwarded videos and political discussions. Today I got an email from John and Carol showing off John's newest cowboy type rifle. I was quite taken with the Cimmeron model 1873 cowboy competition lever action rifle and I appreciate that John sent it to me but I don't have a clue as to who John and Carol are. Or any of the other folks who send me these emails. In the interests of full disclosure I must point out that the emails are not sent to just me. I am but one of many that the emails are sent out to. Somehow like a tuna in the wide and deep ocean of the Internet the drift nets of email have scooped me up along with all the others. I can only assume that at some time in the past someone sent an email to me and others and some of those people for reasons unknown now send out emails to group of recipients including, well me for instance. It is all very interesting. I wonder how long I will keep receiving these before the senders ask themselves who is this Vogeley guy?

1 comment:

  1. I think you should respond to these mystery emails with chatty emails of your own. Probably you got scooped up because of the discussion lists you are on. Enjoy your one day of drill, LTC.

    ReplyDelete