Saturday, June 6, 2009

Grouch-y updates

I know, all of my loyal followers have been waiting to hear the wrap up on some of the exciting situations I have mentioned recently, so here goes:

The insinkerator arrived yesterday and I installed it today after dinner. It took all of 10 minutes, and that was longer than it needed to be. However, in my 'older but wiser' persona I actually read the instructions - after I installed the new disposal and learned that I needed to knock out a plug in the side of the device where the outlet installs from the dishwasher and that if I hadn't would have caused the dishwasher to flood. I was able to do so even though the gizmo was already hanging under the sink. Thank goodness for being ObW now.

We attended 'A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum' last night with Craig and his friend Rachel. This was the it's not a date but taking a friend to a show with the parents and the friend just happens to be a girl event. The show was extremely funny and a bit risque - I had seen the movie with Zero Mostel and didn't remember the whole story line so hopefully Rachel wasn't scandalized and told her parents that we took her to an inappropriate show (which it wasn't). Rachel turns out to be a fan of 1950s horror and science fiction movies so we had some things to chat about.

I have been going to physical therapy for my operated-on knee. This therapy is more to my liking compared to the previous time (right after the knee operation). Since this time I supposedly have tendinitis I simply lay on the table with a comfy pillow for my head while the bogus laser light is rubbed over the sore spot, then my knee is massaged, and lastly ice is applied. The only effort required on my part is the effort not to fall asleep during all of this. And it is actually starting to feel better.

Lastly today was my military duty day and also the 65th anniversary of D-Day 1944. It seemed appropriate to be wearing the uniform on such a significant day. Our retired Command Sergeant Major and his wife were taken to lunch by the officers and senior NCOs and then a retirement award was presented (the California Legion of Merit - I wrote the justification and citation and I think I did a pretty good job). We followed up with a cake, a soldier statue with an appropriate inscription and several speeches. The CSM got teary eyed and didn't want to leave. Frankly I think his wife was glad to see the end of the military after 24 years of involvement.

And really lastly...the spa is heating up and soon we'll be soaking our aching bodies in the 103F bubbling water while looking at the misty night sky (its been raining). Life can be good here in Southern California. Time to say goodbye!

2 comments:

  1. Oooo... updates are good. BTW, I knew I had actually seen this word before. Maybe at my old apartment? http://www.insinkerator.com/

    I feel sad for the CSM. Is he leaving the SMR or the military that gets paid? Maybe he can join the SMR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, we was already in the SMR so he is done for good.

    ReplyDelete