Sunday, May 31, 2009

Comparing Yearbooks

Craig has been pouring over his high school yearbook for the last several days. At dinner tonight he was showing off the notes from various girls who signed it which inspired Mary to break out her senior book and to start reading her notes from various boys. I dug out my senior yearbook, blew the dust off of it and with much trepidation and a feeling of an onset of PHSTSS (post high school traumatic stress syndrome) I opened my yearbook to read what was written there. Much to my surprise some girls actually signed it! That was the good news. The bad news was that each gushed that I was such a good friend to them one and all. as Kurt commented, when a girl writes that you are a 'good friend' you will never move up the relationship ladder. I guess that summarizes my high school experience. Reading the year book from 36 years ago brought back lots of memories, some good and seeing the hair and clothes, definitely bad! I did note that high school marching band uniforms haven't changed at all in 36 years. Much to Mary's surprise when she was looking at her yearbook she learned that her school had a rifle team! Since my school competed with all of the high schools with rifle teams in the area and I was on the rifle team that means that at some time our schools competed and maybe I was at her school and perhaps even saw her! Oh, for a time-o-scope to see into the past. It is funny, the feelings and memories that were awakened by briefly looking at that book. Who could imagine that this grouch was such a young guy once? A snapshot from my senior prom fell out of the book when I opened it. I looked like that?





2 comments:

  1. Mmmmm, well out of you, Craig, and myself I think you have the better "High School haircut" but I am winning the mid-20's category (when I am not wearing a hat). We only have to wait 10 years to see what Craig does before we can crown me the winner though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picture. Or maybe, groovy picture?

    ReplyDelete