Monday, December 13, 2010

The Grouch Goes East

The Grouch traveled to North Carolina on the 3rd to visit oldest daughter and only granddaughter. It has been almost a year since they were last seen by me and I was very anxious to see them and the best dog in North Carolina, Moxie. Unfortunately the airline delayed my luggage (we were reunited the next morning) but that meant nothing since I was met by little ladybug in her PJs (it was 9 p.m. after all!). The weather was cold and it got windy but the sunniness of daughter and granddaughter kept me warm. We went on an eating tour of Hope Mills and ate at Andy's and Five Guys, and the Grouch's favorite fast food joint Long John Silver's. We visited the Airborne Museum in Fayetteville and then went to Ft Bragg and the next door airbase to view some vintage cargo planes on display. The young soldiers at Ft. Bragg (well, at this point most people are younger than me) kept calling me ' sir ' when they encountered me. It was either my stern countenance or my commanding presence, or maybe they were just being respectful of their elder.

I had a great time visiting and walking Moxie from one end of the neighborhood to the other. A couple pictures, one with the Grouch and one of my hosts:













1 comment:

  1. Laura looks....enthusiastic in the one with me. At least sitting with Grandad brought out her smile! It was great having you here, we all miss you! Moxie was not pleased with the short 10 minute walk she got today, not pleased at all.

    ReplyDelete