Sunday, February 28, 2010

Like getting five numbers in the lottery!

Some years ago Mrs Grouch bought a lottery ticket. I sat down the evening of the drawing to watch the 10 o'clock news to learn the winning lottery numbers. They read the first number and we had it. They read the second number, we had that one too. They read the third number and we had that one also. Now I was starting to pay attention. They read the fourth number and we had that one too! My heart was beating like a snare drum....they read the fifth number...we didn't have that one. So sad, too bad.

But, I had that same feeling today. The Mrs and I like to go to the local Barnes and Noble and cruise the new book section. We nonchalantly write down the names of books that we want to read and then later request them from the county library system. I just logged on to the library web site and started requesting books. Let me say that the books I like are frequently not in the mainstream of the library patrons and thus are not ordered by the system. Today I had five books to request and each time the library had at least heard of the book and put me on the list! Five for five! Better than winning the lottery - well sort of.

No comments:

Post a Comment