Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Another week and more fun

Sunday was a bit of an interesting day. First we led off with driving lessons for young son. He learned that it is possible to lay rubber with an Aztek. This is part of the lesson we hope not to repeat. Other than that it went pretty well. Later I traveled to the L.A. zoo to meet someone to do a bit of covert wheeling and dealing in the parking lot there (this was the half-way point for both of us). While stopped at an intersection I got bumped from behind. I got out and saw a ratty looking mini pick up and a scruffy driver. I ordered the other driver to follow me to the side of the road. I thought he'd take off but he didn't. Surprisingly there was no damage to the back of the Jeep. I asked the guy if he had a license or insurance to which he replied loudly 'illegal, illegal!' He wasn't referring to the nature of my question but rather that since he is in the country illegally he felt no need to follow any other laws of this fine nation. Lucky for me that there was no damage to my vehicle so I let him go. A guy I work with was rear ended by another illegal on the freeway. Same situation, no license no insurance, oh well. His son who was riding a motorcycle was hit by yet another illegal with no driver's license and driving someone else's car. The owner has insurance but said the person took it without permission so no insurance coverage. What is wrong with this state! These people are encouraged to come here and then protected once they are here. I have zero sympathy for them.

Yesterday started the preparation for the dreaded 5 year interval colonoscopy administered today. Drinking a gallon of horrible stuff in 5 hours is a lot harder than one might think. Plus no eating except for jello. Today the actual procedure was done and over with in about two hours. The best part of the ordeal is getting to eat again today. Yea!

The new job looks more and more like it will happen by March 1st. Still a few hurdles to clear including the investigator calling my boss - Once that happens the process is pretty much irreversible. Last week I was informed by my other boss that I and the two ladies that work with me are being relocated to corporate HQs in Pasadena. I do not want to do that for many reasons including a more difficult commute, less privacy, the destruction of the cohesion of the VSD group (my operation) smaller office....I could go on but I'm hoping that the new job happens and I can avoid the move to Pasadena.

More later..

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe he admitted to being an illegal. What if you were an immigration agent? So is universal car insurance next on the government's list? If someone gets sick with out insurance now, they what? Take out loans, don't pay, get sent to debtor's prison (I guess they don't do that anymore) but if someone else destroys your property and they don't have insurance, too bad. They are off the hook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HATE that 'illegal' stuff too... hate to say it but I'd probably administer a couple of right hooks of my own justice in that situation.

    ReplyDelete