Thursday, January 14, 2010

Name that bird part two

We have received many suggestions for the bird's name and although all are unique none have yet made the cut. I suggested 'Ralph' but Mrs. Grouch did not accept that name so we are still taking suggestions. The nameless bird is certainly a singer and is loud enough to sing first son right out of his bed in the morning. It is hard to imagine a 5 oz bird having enough lung power to wake the dead, or in this case first son, but that is what he insists is happening.

On a different topic...Only in Los Angeles.....

A recent news article stated that 24% of college and university students in Southern California have mild psychopathic tendencies in that they feel that 'rules do not apply to them'. I could have saved someone a lot of money if I had been asked. Given the number of people around here that ignore every rule, law, and custom of courtesy I would have pegged the number around 60-70% which would include the parents, siblings, and cousins of the 24% of college and university students who ignore rules.

The Mrs and I witnessed a man on his bicycle flying through traffic at a very busy intersection. What is so Los Angeles-y about this you may ask? The man was laying down on his bicycle while flying through traffic. I wish I had a camera with me. At least he was laying with his head forward. Now that I think of it, his horizontal position was a pretty good trick! Maybe he was hoping to be recruited for a reality show - real morons in Los Angeles!

And for one last bit of news: young son has been fitted for spectacles! When he took the DMV eye test for his permit he had difficulty seeing the eye chart with his left eye. We took him to the eye doc and it was determined that he is 20/20 in his right eye and 20/40 in the left. He asked for a monocle but the Mrs insisted on traditional glasses. I told him that he should get some glasses like Cyclops in X Men.

Keep sending the name suggestions!

2 comments:

  1. Ralph? Any name that can also mean "to vomit" should automatically be disqualified. I have no more suggestions. As you know, my puppy was unnamed for several weeks. Then her name was changed later. Fancy is probably a good name for a canary, but it is taken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote for Henry. And a picture of son #2 in said spectacles. I'll be on the look out for a monocle for him that he can use for special occasions.

    ReplyDelete