Sunday, January 10, 2010

Name that bird!

Mrs. Grouch went on shopping spree today after church. We stopped at the pet store to buy some Nyger seed for the greedy finches and came home with the seed plus a canary, a house for said canary, food, toys for the canary, toys for the cockateil and treats for the dog. The poor bird is deformed; his right leg bears the scars from either an angry fellow canary or perhaps his poor leg got caught in the door of the cage. At any rate he was 25% off and never let it be said that we pass up a deal!

So, the bird needs a name. I suggested a couple politically incorrect names which I will not post here. Mrs. Grouch did not accept those names. We're open to suggestions.

As I am writing this the bird is singing...now he stopped. I will tell him that in this house the birds must sing for their supper.

5 comments:

  1. I always liked the name of Nana's canary. Chatigay. Although I don't know if that is how you spell it. I can't really imagine a canary on the attack. Everyone better watch out for their fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, another canary. I'm not big into birds but I am partial to canaries. I have no name suggestions, sorry. That's usually the Army Man's department. I think it should have something to do with him being on sale...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bill thinks Henry is a good names for the bird and I agree with him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What about 'Tenerife'? It's part of the Canary Islands after all...

    Kate x
    http://search-for-the-perfect10.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete