Saturday, October 5, 2013

Approaching the finish line....

So, I have only 2 months to go before my Master's degree program is finished...assuming that my final paper is deemed acceptable that is.  I have three months to go until my time with the state guard is finished.  Funny, I've been looking forward to both finishing as I will gain leisure time now spent in homework and preparing for the weekend drills and being at the weekend drill but now that the end is in sight I'm feeling a bit sad.  It is possible that I will not see either group of folks again after both commitments are ended and I've grown fond of all of them.  Both the 5 folks in my Master's cohort and the 100 or so in my reserve unit are great people and people that I will remember for the rest of my life but the time is coming to move on.

I will think of them often and I hope that they think of me with the same fondness that I have for them.  Great people one and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment