Friday, May 17, 2013

R.I.P. E. Robert Kinney

E. Robert Kinney, former CEO of General Mills and inventor of the fish stick passed away recently at age 96.  As a major-league consumer of the fish product food during my childhood (along with Spam and  fried baloney) I owe a debt of gratitude to this man who provided me and my siblings with an easy meal that seems to have provided enough nutrition to get me to age 59. 

I am no longer a consumer of fish sticks, having moved on to higher end foods such as frozen chicken patties and tater tots but I will always remember the taste and texture of the fish sticks (or fish-things as we have called them in the past here in the Grouch family).

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/inventor-fish-sticks-e-robert-kinney-dead-96-1C9952297

 

1 comment:

  1. Fish things- I had totally forgotten we called them that.

    ReplyDelete