Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Old Jeep

One of my favorite things are old Jeeps.   Much to my amazement and pleasure, when I hired on at my current job I found an old Jeep there for me to admire.  It is a Willys MB made in June 1945.  I don't know when the city obtained it but it was used for many years in the parks that are located in the foothills on the edge of town.  I am told that some teenage workers rolled it down a hill once (end over end) and demolished it but the city mechanics managed to put it back together.  These days it is used only for parades and displays and doesn't get much use.  I haven't taken it for a drive yet but I will soon!

1945 Willys MB Jeep - one of three weapons allegedly credited by General Dwight Eisenhower as the reason for winning the war (the other two are the C-47 airplane and the bazooka)

The Willys in all its glory - sitting on Chinese made tires!

No comments:

Post a Comment