Monday, May 30, 2011

Recovery time update

The bruising is almost gone now and a recent Xray shows a finger of bone growing past the split in the collarbone to bridge the two pieces and hold everything together.  The main pain I still have is in my neck (all the time)  and in my shoulder when I stand or walk for any amount of time.  Today I went to the range for the first time in over a month.  Only .22s and some German army training ammo and only for about 1.5 hrs.  I wore a shooting jacket with recoil pad and only fired about 50 rounds of .22s and 20 rounds of the no recoil training stuff.  I quit when the injured area started to hurt from the rifle butt being pressed against it.  This week I start PT which is scheduled for 6 weeks but I'm guessing I will cut that short once I learn what they are having me do.  I can do the same thing at home for free.   So far by 5:30 p.m. I have only taken 2 Tylenols which is half of what I had been consuming just a couple days earlier.  Progress!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are getting better. Just make sure to stick with the PT, don't be like me and just stop going and stop doing it. I sure regret it all these years later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. Hope you are 100% better soon.

    ReplyDelete