Wednesday, May 18, 2011

New car, new shoes

Today is day two for ownership of the used Dodge Stratus that is my get around town car at work.  It looks nice, the interior is clean and at the present time everything works on it.  I feel like a prosperous person now as I drive in it, unlike the feeling of seediness that accompanied me when as I tooled around in the Lincoln with the ripped seats, peeling paint, and horribly stained carpeting.  

After I damaged my shoulder (and my neck, and my back) in the bike crash the Missus bought me a nice pair of dress loafers for work so I could put them on without straining to tie them.  They are the first pair of loafers I've owned and besides feeling like I'm wearing slippers all day I feel grown up and prosperous wearing them. 

When I get in the Stratus wearing the loafers I feel positively plutocratic!

1 comment:

  1. Always nice to have a reliable (and not too shabby looking) car! And the most important question...do you put pennies in your loafers?

    ReplyDelete