Friday, February 4, 2011

Thanks Susan

My new job doesn't want me using the cell phone they issued me for personal calls so I went and got a TracPhone. It is one of those pay as you go phones that are beloved by terrorists and drug smugglers since there isn't an account connected with it. Oh, by the way I'm neither a terrorist (or tango if one is an 'operator or even a 'special operator') nor a drug smuggler, just a grouch trying to save a buck. So, it really steams me that I am getting repetitive wrong numbers, phone solicitations, bill collectors, and urgent calls from AT&T about my account since each call uses up my prepaid minutes. I put the phone number on the 'do not call' roster but I am still getting the AT&T calls, so I called them. After being transferred to three different people and going on hold for at least 15 minutes I had enough, hung up and called them again. Susan answered. Susan had a nice Texas twang and a slow way of talking. I jumped right in and started expressing my righteous indignation over the situation. Susan got me stopped and with a couple polite questions got the problem identified. Someone used my phone number as the contact number for a cellphone account that is past due. Did they use the number randomly? Was it a number that they used to have but gave up? Did someone know that it is my number and used it on purpose? Who knows! However Susan filed a case number for me and promised the calls would stop. She did it in such a gosh-darn pleasant manner that I was smiling while talking with her. Susan sounded like she was all right. I apologised for coming on strong when I first spoke with her and she told me that it was ok, she'd be frustrated too. We ended up wishing each other a great weekend and happy days to come.

Thanks Susan, you made my day.

1 comment:

  1. What a difference a nice and helpful representative can make! Too bad there aren't more people like Susan out there. I have the same problem with my new number, by the way. Whoever had it before didn't even tell her family members she got a new phone number, so I have had several calls for "Aunt Linda". It always ceases to amaze me that they can't tell right away that I'm not their elderly aunt.

    ReplyDelete