Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Eve and Happy New Year

The Missus and I have a philosophy that whatever is done New Year's eve will be done all the new year. With than in mind young son and I started the day by heading to the shotgun range to bust some clay birds. He is really good at it and the more he hit the more I missed. I enjoyed seeing him do so well. Then we went to lunch at Wendy's. See, two favorite activities firmly established for 2011!
In the evening we had our good friends Ted and Jenelle over to play a fun scrabble-like game called (I think) "Bananas". Ted and I maintained our dignity throughout the multiple playings of the game but the ladies got increasingly silly. It may have been the rum cake and apricot brandy slush.
It was a great time and firmly established some more activities for 2011: eating, having fun, and laughing lots.
Happy New Year! I hope it is a great year for one and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment