Monday, January 24, 2011

Sick of being sick

So this past Friday was the beginning of a three day weekend for me. I had big plans which involved going to the range to try out a WW2 Lee Enfield that just found its way into my gun locker. But I have been fighting a cold all week and I thought that I would feel better the next day so I pretty much stayed home taking weak-sauce cold medicine. Saturday was a bit worse but I was brave and took my father in law and young son to the Griffith observatory in (of course) Griffith park. The weather was beautiful and the observatory was recently remodeled and looked great. I felt a little worse but kept taking that medicine. Sunday the cold hit me with both barrels. I went to the pharmacy and got the cold medicine that you have to sign for. It was a little more effective, meaning I could actually not cringe from the sinus pain for about an hour out of every four that the medicine dose was supposedly covering. I spent the night on the couch so as not to disturb the Missus in her sleep. I didn't sleep except one time when I did fall asleep about 3 a.m. only to be woken by one of the dogs crashing into the dog gate that keeps them in the kitchen and out of mischief. It sounded like a jail break in progress. No more sleep for me. I emailed my boss at 1 a.m. to tell him I will be a no-show today. So now I am home, feel absolutely miserable and actually would rather be at work. Who could imagine? May I be done being sick now please?

No comments:

Post a Comment