Saturday, April 4, 2009

The Mighty Turtle Hunter


I miss all the fun things...I had drill today and while I was there Mary and Craig spent the day gardening. Craig cut the grass for the first time and I missed it! Kind of like missing your son riding a two wheeler without training wheels. Mary related to me that Roscoe the Australian Shepard dog (for anyone who doesn't know who Roscoe is) was rooting around in the tall grass behind the back wall. She said that he has been after something back there for a couple of days. Suddenly there was much hissing and carrying on and Roscoe triumphantly appeared with a rather large tortoise in his mouth! Fortunately the tortoise was unharmed and rather than sending it back to the wild Craig popped it in the terrarium in his room. I viewed it when I came home from my drill and for a tortoise in sudden captivity it seems pretty accepting of its new digs. Perhaps it wanted to be caught so it can get 3 hots and a cot....or at least the tortoise equivilant.


1 comment:

  1. It looks like Mrs. General Bismarck to me. Roscoe certainly does have a way with the wild animals. I told Mom I will never forget the time he alerted the two of us to the snake in the backyard.

    I told Moxie and she is very jealous. She wants to capture something (anything!)

    ReplyDelete