Sunday, February 25, 2018

The Corporate world and stress

Regular readers of this blog know that I recently exchanged the life of a wage slave for that of the contentedly temporarily retired. 

The upside of this change has been for my health:  While laboring as the before mentioned wage slave my blood pressure was regularly in the 135/90 range and that is with leading a fairly active life with walking 3 miles a day and eating sort of ok.   Since leaving the daily grind my blood pressure as been in the 120/80 or less  when checked at the doctor's office (I'm doing a lot of catch-up on doctor appointments).  I also lost average weight since stopping work at the stress factory.

Once I knew I was leaving my job I was able to watch and really listen to my colleagues during the boss's staff meetings.  The anxiety in their voices and on their faces was telling.  They too were being squeezed in that stress vise. 

Stress kills and we all need to somehow figure out how to negate the effects of it on our bodies and our lives.

I feel very fortunate to have escaped before it did me in.

No comments:

Post a Comment