Monday, February 12, 2018

How did this happen?


Who's watching "Victoria" on PBS Masterpiece theater these days?  Great show, the Missus and I enjoyed season I and we're most of the way through season II.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/shows/victoria/#

A new character was introduced in this season, an elderly woman who is the Duchess of Buccleuch and the Queen's mistress of the robes.  Also a scold and someone who the young queen Victoria finds to be stodgy and grumpy.  As I said, we are enjoying the heck out of the show.

I was watching the credits for the show when I saw that the Duchess of Buccleuch is played by....Diana Rigg!  How can this be?!  Mrs Peel, what happened?

Mrs Peel?



Every teen boy of my era was in love with the kick-ass, sexy, and enigmatic Mrs. Peel from the TV show, the Avengers.  When she moved on from the series we all mourned her absence from prime time TV.

We all age and it is great that Diana Rigg is still working and having fun with her role in Victoria but until now, she was eternally youthful in my mind.  I guess I see my own aging in her.  May she continue to be seen by audiences across the world.  She is still the fearless Mrs. Peel even in her golden years!

Mrs Peel!





We were young once...





No comments:

Post a Comment