Tuesday, January 20, 2015

A taste of Pink Martini for New Year's eve

The Missus and I treated some friends to a New Year's eve concert at the Disney Concert Hall.  I am a big fan of the eclectic group "Pink Martini" and they were appearing with "The Trapp Family Singers" at the very beautiful Disney venue.  The Missus and our  guests were a little wary of Pink Martini having never heard of them.  Older son saw both PM and the TFS in concert and felt that they were ok but nothing special.  I was a bit nervous being the motivating force behind the outing.

Fortunately I didn't have to worry because the concert was great!  Pink Martini was wonderful and funny.  In addition to their own ensemble, we were treated to the Japanese Businessmen including the uncle of the co-leaders of the group, three Iranian musicians, a Julliard graduate, trombone players (we especially like trombones since Young Son plays one), an NPR correspondent, and the Trapp Family Singers!  I was really impressed by the TFS, four sibling scions of the famous Von Trapps who were very, very good.  I was so impressed with them that I downloaded their album.

If you ever have the chance to see either or both, go to see PM and TFS.  You will not be disappointed!

We heard both of these songs performed at our concert.  We loved them.





No comments:

Post a Comment