Saturday, April 5, 2014

Who does it better, the Duke or the Big Labowski?

'True Grit' the movie and the book are one of my all-time favorites.  I saw the original at the theater with my Dad and loved it.  I loved the scenery and the story.  I already had major respect for Duke Wayne but this movie upped it another 100%  Anybody who could make fun of his image like he did but still be deadly serious and a sure shot when the time came was a real man.
 
So like everything in Hollywood, it got remade recently.  Young Son and I went to see it and we liked it but still, for me, the original is the best.  Most current critics disagree.
 
Spend five minutes and watch the same scene done by different Rooster Cogburns and you tell me who does it better!
 
 
Big John Wayne as Rooster Cogburn and a very young Robert Duvall and lucky Ned Pepper
 
 
Jeff Bridges as Rooster Cogburn
 


No comments:

Post a Comment