Sunday, October 17, 2010

Time marches on

I took oldest son to the airport today for his first business trip. He'll be in D.C. for a week and a half getting training at the State department and visiting various government agencies that he will interact with. It is his first trip of this type (discounting his various military adventures overseas) and undoubtedly the first of many. We talked about the trip and about how I traveled on business for 28 years until I got my latest job which has no travel involved. I don't miss the traveling now at all but over the years it greatly expanded my horizons. I missed my family greatly while traveling but the plus side was that I visited many interesting places and met some memorable people.

So now my son is grown up, with a real job and career and talking about buying a condo or a loft. Time marches on. I am very happy for him but a bit melancholy for me as I enter the home stretch for my working career.

I can't wait to hear his tales of the road, the places he will visit and the people he will meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment