Sunday, October 3, 2010

Rant Interlude #2

Early Saturday morning we had a thunderstorm with booming thunder, lightning illuminating the room through the closed window blinds and finally driving rain. The thunder moved off and grew more muted as the storm passed. Thunderstorms are rare in this part of the country and especially this time of year. It was nice to have the sound, and the light, and the rain and to be able to lay in bed and know that it was no matter that I was awake because it was Saturday after all and nothing, absolutely nothing had to be done that I didn't want to do. I thought about the lyrics from the Bob Seeger song:

I woke last night to the sound of thunder
How far off I sat and wondered
Started humming a song from 1962
Ain't it funny how the night moves
When you just don't seem to have as much to lose
Strange how the night moves
With autumn closing in...


So true in many ways

1 comment: