Saturday, April 9, 2011

Grouch(y) updates

Young son was on spring break all this past week so I took the opportunity to take some days off and spend them with him.

Tuesday we visited the Ronald Regan presidential museum and library in Simi Valley.  I hadn't been there for awhile and it was fun and interesting to see the newly revamped museum.  Air Force One is on display inside the museum and I was able to add it to the presidential planes I have seen and been in.  I have also seen FDR's 'Sacred Cow', Truman's 'Independance' and Eisenhower's 'Columbine'.   A traveling exhibit of a gigantic scale model of the White House was there too.  I felt misty-eyed and near tears in some places going through the museum.  Nostalgia for a time when things seemed hopeful for America?  Remembrances of my youthful past?  I don't know but I felt emotional throughout the whole visit.  The view from the museum grounds is amazing and peaceful.  I highly recommend a visit.
http://www.reaganfoundation.org/

Wednesday was spent working around the house.  I planted some trees that young daughter brought home from her recent trip to Mississippi (a pine tree and three strange looking southern tree things) and  young son did school work and washed his new car for the first time.

Thursday I went to work for half a day and the young son and I went tuxedo rental shopping for the prom that he is going to next Saturday. 


On Friday we went to see the animated movie 'Rango' voiced by Johnny Depp.   We both loved the movie and I laughed so hard I had tears leaking out!  This is a demented, funny movie and it moves to the top of my favorite funny animated movie list.  A short list to be sure but it is at the top.
http://www.rangomovie.com/

After we came home the weather turned threatening.  The sky got dark and the temperature dropped.  Soon it began to rain and then hail!  I managed to take a short video of it and here it is for your amazement and entertainment:


Saturday (today) was my drill weekend and I put on the ACUs that camouflage me just fine for hiding in a pile of gravel and made the treck to Los Al.  The missus was very nice and let me take her hybrid Escape for the journey which got 35 MPG on the 120 mile round trip and saved us some money compare to the gas sucking Jeep which gets 20 MPG on a good day with a downhill run and a tail wind.  At $4.05 a gallon for gas I appreciated the extra MPGs.

That's all folks!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a nice week. Wish I could have gone to the Library with you. Crazy about the hail!

    ReplyDelete