Saturday, July 30, 2016

Reading the Obituaries (update)

In this recent post: http://citizengrouch.blogspot.com/2016/07/reading-obituaries.html  I mentioned an obituary I had read recently about a husband and wife aviator team who lived an adventurous life and whose lives touched me when I read their obituary.

Apparently I wasn't the only one, as I just read this column in the Los Angeles Daily News about the same couple written at the husband's passing:  http://www.dailynews.com/veterans/20160728/when-love-was-in-the-air-dennis-mccarthy

In  the article it mentioned that a local warbird group of T-6 Texan aircraft owners who fly under the name of the Condor squadron performed a fly over during the gentleman's funeral.  I heard them fly low over our house in formation this morning as they overflew the cemetery where the funeral was held.

Once again and for the last time I was touched by the memory of a couple that I never new but wished I had.  We would have had so much to talk about.

No comments:

Post a Comment