Thursday, October 30, 2014

Goodbye Roscoe

Roscoe took his last walk today with the Missus and Young Son before passing away peacefully while laying in the backyard with Young Son by his side.  Roscoe was a loyal friend, steadfast hiking partner, and champion agility competitor.  We called him the fun police because of his insistence that all dogs and humans be safe when running around in the yard.  He would show his concern by barking and trying to get everyone to slow down and be careful.


Roscoe loved to go on walks and hikes in the mountains.  He walked with me in the hills the day my father passed away as I sought comfort with Roscoe and Molly by hiking and thinking about my times with my Dad.   Today I walked with Roscoe on the day of his passing as I carried his limp body wrapped in a wool Army blanket to his final rest.

We will all remember Roscoe with great love and sadness at his passing.  

He will be forever young in dog heaven.



1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful tribute to a fantastic dog. I think everyone in the family feels a special connection to Roscoe. He was my middle of the night buddy when Laura was brand new, keeping me company during the lonely and frustrating times when she would cry seemingly without end. I will always remember him with fondness.

    ReplyDelete