Wednesday, June 30, 2010

57 Cents

Fifty seven cents is how much the check was for that I received in the mail the other day from the big class action lawsuit against Expedia.com. I'm not really sure what evil thing Expedia did to bring on the lawsuit but everyone who used them over a period of time were litigants. I had no beef with them and in fact have booked two more flights with them recently. I hope for their sake they were behaving themselves because it is obvious that attorneys are out there, circling like sharks waiting for one technical mistake and BAM there is blood in the water. Of course while us aggrieved Expedia users got 57 cents I am sure the lawyers pulled in millions for generating 57 pennies for us.

Over the years I have had numerous unknown grievances soothed by these class action suits that drop into my lap like an air drop to a besieged firebase. Occasionally I'm notified of a lawsuit that I have to admit I really had no possible harm, loss of money, or even a dirty nasty word said to me by the offending company so I opt out. GM sent me a coupon for $100 once as a result of a class action lawsuit to buy a new car with. I was excited until I realized that I got a hundred off on a new car. Too bad the car was going to cost 20 grand! Thanks for nuttin'.

Like Harry in the song 'Taxi' I stashed the check in my shirt. I'm not that proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment