Friday, February 14, 2020

The Count Down Begins....

Today was my last day at work for some time but not my last day of work.  I'm going into semi-isolation for the next week and a half before my prostate cancer surgery to shield myself from colds and the flu.  My immune system is compromised so I'm trying to stay away from the folks at my job site that seem to be constantly coming down with some sort of respiratory sickness.

Starting Monday I'll work from home, so I bought my laptop, keyboard, mouse, mouse pad, chargers, paperwork, work cellphone and cellphone charger.  These are the modern equivalent of my sword and shield and with them I am prepared to do battle (remotely) on my employer's behalf.

The folks at work were nice and wished me best of luck and a swift return.  It was nice to hear their good wishes.  I hope I don't let them down by being nervous or wimpy when the time comes to get cut open.

More to follow....


No comments:

Post a Comment