Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Happy Birthday to the Missus!

For those not in the know, the Missus has hit a certain milestone in her life with her birthday this past Friday.

For those who don't see me on Facebook, this is the tribute that I wrote about her:

Happy birthday to the love of my life, Mary Kernan. A daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a grandmother, a friend, an actress, an adventurer, a co-conspirator to ignore stupid rules, and an instigator of fun!
She has made me a better man even though I am still a work in progress. She accepts me in my hobbies and enthusiasms, my political statements and incredibly un-stylish manner of dress.
She is the bravest woman I have ever known (except when it comes to snakes) and the most loving. She is tough when she needs to be and a softy too. She says she doesn't like sentimentality but she secretly does. Her hands are frequently cold but her heart is always warm.
She is resourceful, super intelligent, can drive a stick shift and ride a horse, cut the grass and paint a room, expertly use a firearm, a bow and a fencing foil. She can take care of herself but lets me take care of her..and she is always stylishly dressed and looking her best.
so I will say again Happy Birthday to the person who I knew was special the moment I laid eyes on her.

She, Young Son and Young Daughter and I visited the Reagan museum on her birthday to view the traveling exhibit "The Splendors of the Vatican" and then to dinner at her favorite restaurant.




Thank you dear heart for being who you are and choosing me to be in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment